San Francisco Sightseeing
Some of the most famous attractions in the world can be found in San Francisco. No trip to the City by the Bay is complete without a visit to Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Nob Hill and so many other exciting attractions. Guests of the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport can take the free shuttle to BART at SFO and be in downtown in just 20 minutes.
- Golden Gate Bridge – Spanning 2 miles, with 750 foot towers and painted bright orange, Golden Gate Bridge is impossible to miss! Walk or bike across, but be sure to leave enough time to gaze in awe at the impressive views from start to finish.
- Fisherman’s Wharf – One of the most popular destinations in San Francisco, Fisherman’s Wharf is block after block of historic landmarks, shops and attractions. Visit Ghirardelli Square, The Cannery at Del Monte Square, the Wax Museum, Aquarium of the Bay and so much more. Don’t miss the area’s most famous residents, the Sea Lions living off Pier 39.
- Alcatraz Island – Take the ferry across the bay to “The Rock”, the infamous home of some of the country’s most notorious criminals, now part of the National Park Service. The island is also home to the first lighthouse and US fort on the West Coast, as well as natural tide pools, bird sanctuary’s and incredible views of the bay.
- Chinatown – So much of the history of the city is tied into the Chinese people and their contribution to the development of San Francisco. Discover the history and vitality of this community, from the original schools and churches to traditional herb shops and modern delicious restaurants.
- Nob Hill – Sitting high above the city is one of the most renowned neighborhoods, Nob Hill. Tour the homes of those who made their riches through the railroads, silver mining and other industries that helped create the city and the West Coast. This area is also home to Grace Cathedral, the world’s largest Episcopal Church, with incredible stained glass and bronze doors.
- Lombard Street – Climb to the top of America’s most crooked street for amazing views in every direction. From the top, you’ll see Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz, Telegraph Hill and the Bay Bridge. Down the hill, you’ll be delighted by the beautiful mansions and brilliantly colored flowers that fill this winding street from top to bottom.
- Presidio – For hundreds of years the Presidio has stood as a symbol of defense of our country. Originally established by the Spanish in 1776, the Presidio was the oldest continually operating military base in the US until its closing and transfer to the National Park Service. Visit museums, historical sites, the beach and architectural sites in this fascinating locale.
- Japanese Tea Garden – Originally created as part of the 1894 World’s Fair, this is the oldest public Japanese Garden in California. Spanning five acres, this lovely park features both wet and dry (zen) gardens, a pagoda, a drum bridge you’ll want to climb and tea house with gorgeous views from every angle. Located at 9th Avenue at Lincoln Way in Golden Gate Park.
- San Francisco Sightseeing
- San Francisco's Fame 49 Mile Scenic Drive
- BART Shuttle to San Francisco
- Professional Sporting Events
- Area Museums
- Area Shopping Meccas
- Family Fun Activities in San Mateo County
- Local Collegiate Sports
- California Wine Country
- Local Colleges and Universities
- Sausalito / Tiburon
- Explore Burlingame
- Monterey / Carmel-by-the-Sea